A straight and beautiful smile is not only a matter of looks, albeit important. Misaligned or crooked teeth also affect their functionality. Your teeth are like your front letter, you must make the best impression.
Here at Scottsdale Dental Care, we specialize in giving patients a perfect smile. It would make us feel honored to help you achieve the smile of your dreams.
If you are a parent, it is important for you to bring your child at age 6 or 7 for their first orthodontic consultation to guarantee efficient treatment. But you are never too old to get a free consultation with our specialist so give us a call.
What Common Conditions Require Orthodontic Procedure? |
Orthodontic procedures seek to straighten teeth when the teeth or jaw structure do not fit appropriately. This leads to malocclusion, which refers to a misaligned bite. If left untreated, these conditions can cause difficulty to speak or even help wear the teeth prematurely. They can even escalate to injuries to the teeth and jaw and other serious issues.
This is why it is important to identify any problem early for a more effective treatment. The most common conditions that require orthodontic procedure are:
- Underbite and Overbite. An underbite is when your lower front jaw is projected further to the front, causing those teeth to appear in front of the upper teeth. An overbite is the opposite of that.
- Tooth spacing. A gap between the teeth may be only aesthetic but you should treat it if you are not feeling comfortable with your looks.
- Crowding. This is when the tooth has not enough room to erupt from the gum. The issue can be fixed with removal but our orthodontist can apply the proper procedure to avoid tooth loss.
- Crossbite. A crossbite is when the teeth from the upper jaw sit on the inside of the lower teeth. This causes stratification and misalignment of the jaw.
- Openbite. This is a gap between the upper and lower front teeth. Openbite affects proper chewing and can trigger unwanted habits.
The Most Common Orthodontic Procedures |
Braces or Invisalign
Metal Braces still remain as an effective way to straighten teeth. Here at Scottsdale Dental Care, we provide extra comfort with smaller and modern braces. Our metal braces are very unlikely to break and will quickly improve your smile.
Invisalign is an alternative to metal braces in cases that are not too extreme. This procedure is much less invasive and a lot more comfortable. Invisalign utilizes a progressive series of temporary clear aligners to gradually shift the teeth to a correct position.
The best procedure for you will depend on the position of your jaw and teeth as well as your personal preferences. Get an easy consultation with Dr. Thompson who will explain to you your options and answer any questions you might have.
When braces are removed, your dentist will prescribe retainers. They are necessary to give the bones around the teeth time to grow in and maintain their new alignment.
The Smile of Your Dreams is one Call Away |
Get the oral look you have always wanted today. Start working towards an attractive, clean, and healthy smile. Call us at Scottsdale Dental Care and allow us to help you. boost that confidence and beauty with a set of nice white pearls.